The accumulation of water in the tissues as a result of imbalance in the liquid levels in the body is known as Fluid retention.
Complex system of hormones in our bodies constantly tweak the levels of liquids in order to keep them stable and drinking more than the recommended amount of water doesn’t cause problems because the excess is eliminated by the kidneys in the form of urine or sweat.
To prevent fluid retention we MUST avoid doing 6 things :
1.Consuming too much sodium
- it is present in almost any food but consuming too much of it and not drinking enough water can cause fluid retention.
- is packed with sugar and sodium – two main causes of edema.
- not drinking enough water during the day will result in dehydration
- it will make the body retain water in order to survive what lead to swelling in the tissues.
4.Vitamin B6 deficiency
- lack of vitamin B6 may cause fluid retention
- eat more tuna, sunflower seeds, potatoes, pistachios, bananas or chicken.
- this minerals plays a part in many body functions
- take at least 200 mg. a day to say healthy and to prevent fluid retention
- eat more nuts, dried fruits, avocado, whole grains and spinach.
- lack of potassium can cause improper functioning organs ,fluid imbalance and retention
- mineral regulates the water balance in the body.
TIPS to PREVENT FLUID RETENTION:
- to activate the circulation in your legs by compressing the muscles in the veins .
#Elevating the legs when resting
- to reduce the swelling in the ankles
- simply put your ankles above the knees at a sharp angle .
#Eat more fruit and vegetables
- packed with flavonoids – great help in removing excess fluids from the body.
#Avoid wearing tight clothing
- it can impair your circulation
#Don’t shower with hot water
- to prevent dehydration
- to allow the body to prevent accumulation of fluids.
Live healthy and amazing life …